Monday, January 4, 2010

Flower Ruffles Shirt

So I have been on a craft kick lately. It has been fun for the most part. I just hope Olivia hasn't heard to many of those four letter words that I only say when I am frustrated! Anyway, I have been blog stalking so many crafty blogs out there, and have been inspired to make Olivia a shirt. And hopefully one for me too! So I was set out to do it and to do it for a very thirty price.
This is what I did:
I started with one of her onesies that she no longer wheres. (still is the right size for her, we have just done away with onesies.)



Then I cut off the bottom of it and added a ruffle around the bottom.




Then I took an old pair of sock that i know longer need and made arm warmers... (Kind of like the leg warmers that you see all the time that are so cute.)



Then I added some flowers to the front, put on her arm warmers and Voilá!
Here she is in her new shirt. Total cost of shirt re-make??
.90 (gotta love the clearance rack at Joannes!)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! That just made my day! By far the cutest and cleverest thing I have seen made this year! I am very impressed Heather! Your purse was absolutely amazing also. I am definitely going to "try" to do a variation on this one, if you don't mind? Who do I make the copyright checks out to? You need to make a company name or something. BRAVO!!

Katelyn said...

holy crap. you're amazing. I LOVE it! how can I make one? please tell me!

Debbie said...

Absolutely adorable...almost enough to make me wish I had a little girl to make one for...nah, I'm good! But way cute!

Talai said...

So darling Heather! Love the shirt, love the purse, love your house! Keep sharing those projects and inspiring the rest of us!

WalkConkies said...

You're so talented Heather. Your projects always turn out absolutely adorable. You inspired me to START putting up a few things on the walls of our house and actually pounding in my own nails - that's about as daring as I get :). I love Olivia's ruffled shirt and arm warmers!